South Coast Visitor Information
Welcome to the South Coast of New South Wales, Australia
The South Coast region of New South Wales stretches from Helensburgh in the north to the Victorian border in the south. With its stunning beaches, pristine national parks and charming coastal towns, it is a popular destination for tourists from around the world.
The easiest way to get to the South Coast is by car. From Sydney, it takes around 2-3 hours to reach the region. You can also take a train or bus from Sydney, which will take you to the major towns along the coast.
Where to Stay
There are plenty of accommodation options available on the South Coast, ranging from luxury resorts to budget-friendly motels. Some popular towns to stay in include:
- Jervis Bay
Be sure to book your accommodation well in advance during peak tourist season, particularly during school holidays.
Things to Do
There are plenty of things to see and do on the South Coast, depending on your interests. Some popular activities include:
- Visiting the beaches, such as Hyams Beach, which is famous for having some of the whitest sand in the world
- Exploring the national parks, including the beautiful Budawang National Park and Morton National Park
- Taking a whale watching tour from one of the coastal towns
- Visiting the historic town of Berry, which is renowned for its restaurants, cafes and boutique shops
- Trying your hand at fishing or surfing
The South Coast has a mild climate, with warm summers and cool winters. The best time to visit is during the summer months between December and February, when the weather is warm and sunny.
Visit South Coast
The South Coast of New South Wales is a beautiful destination, with plenty to see and do for visitors of all ages. From the stunning beaches to the national parks and charming towns, it is a must-visit destination for anyone travelling to Australia.